PURE LOVE

PURE LOVE
Holding my baby girl

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Farewell baby bump...

With today being the last day of being pregnant, I felt the need to break it down and point out some things that I have loved, and some things that I have hated about being pregnant.

BEST PART OF PREGNANCY:
1) All the pregnancy websites and apps on my phone. It was so fun to see "what's happening today, or this month, or this week" in the pregnancy.
2) The "cute part" of pregnancy. When you first start showing and you don't feel like a heifer.
3) You've got an extra excuse to take a nap and be a little bit more lazy. I didn't take advantage of this near as much as I should have.
4) The sonograms.
5) Feeling the baby move around. Most fun and amazing feeling, and the biggest part of the pregnancy that I will miss.

WORST PART OF PREGNANCY:
1) Stretch marks... unless, of course, you're one of those genetic freaks that don't get any.
2) The weight gain. After trying to lose weight for a couple years, it's hard to see the scale move back up.
3) Not working out as vigorously as you would like to.
4) Feeling like there are things you can't do because you are pregnant.
5) The unpleasant comments that idiots make to you. I have a whole other post that I could, and possibly will, write about that one.

This last day of pregnancy is a bit bittersweet for me. It makes me sad that tonight will be the last time we say "Kyli's Prayer" over my stomach. It makes me sad that I won't be feeling her move around in my stomach anymore. It makes me sad that this bond that ONLY I have had with her for the past 40 weeks is about to end, and I have to share her with everyone else... haha.

HOWEVER, we will simply have to come up with a new prayer to say over our sweet precious girl, and we'll get to hold her as we say it.

Sure, I won't be able to feel her move around in my stomach anymore... But I will get to hold her and watch her move around in plain sight, and get to feel her hug me back whenever I hug her. I'll get to feel her sweet hands on my face, and hear her breathe when she sleeps.

And yes, I will now have to share her... haha. But it's gonna be amazing watching her interact with the rest of her family. I will always be her mommy, and I know that at the end of the day, all babies want their mommies over ever one else, right?? RIGHT??? :)

Less than 24 hrs, and I will be in labor. I can't believe this journey is coming to an end. But I am SO EXCITED to be able to start this new one. The next post I write, I will be posting about labor, and there will be pictures of our little girl. This absolutely blows my mind.

Onto the next chapter...

No comments:

Post a Comment