PURE LOVE

PURE LOVE
Holding my baby girl

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hello Maternity Leave... tick tock...


So today is my first day of maternity leave. Billy and I went to the doctor on Monday, and he said "I've got nothin but good news for you!"

My ears, who had their little hearts broken the previous Monday by hearing "NO change at all", heard "I've got NO good news for you!"

Let me tell you, I almost leaped off the table. But then the doctor said "NO, I've got nothing BUT good news for you!" Isn't it crazy what our ears and minds hear sometime? Anyway... moving on.

So as I'm laying on the table, and listening to the most precious song in the world... (Kyli's heartbeat), he said "So, you want to meet her this week??" Ummm.. YAH!!!!!

The good news? I'm dilated to a 2, and we asked if we could scheduled to be induced on Friday, and he said "Absolutely, lets do it!" She will only be 1 day early, and absolutely PERFECT!

Billy and I could not feel more blessed. We have never had a scare or anything with this pregnancy, and I've really had an easy one. Minimal sickness in the 1st trimester, still running strong in the 3rd trimester. All of her sonograms have been perfect, never showed any signs of something wrong. She's been the biggest little kicker, and I've never had to worry about her. We've got such a supportive family, and two amazing kiddos at home already. Where is there room to complain? There ISN'T.

So what does an expectant woman do on her first day of maternity leave? Well, you wake up at 9am, eat a cinnamon raisin english muffin with peanut butter on it, make some coffee, and start a long day of lounging on the couch watching tv. 1st show to watch? The tail-end of Regis and Kelly... haha. Can I tell you that I'm sorta excited about watching daytime tv?? It's like a whole notha world :)

And now, I'm watchin some MTV "True Life, I'm Having Twins" show. Whoa... that's a thought huh? And this lady just ate a piece of chalk... like what you write on the blackboard with.... because she was CRAVING some. Umm, disgusting. Thank GOD I never had weird cravings like that.

One last thing before I close this boring blog... I had a dream about my little one last night. I had a dream that she was just born, and I was loving and kissing on her, and she came out already knowing how to pucker those lips. She must know that I'm gonna be kissing her like crazy, haha. She had lots of dark hair, and beautiful little lips, and chubby cheeks. Less than 48 hrs, and I'll be in labor.

Mommyhood, I'm comin for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment