PURE LOVE

PURE LOVE
Holding my baby girl

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pink Ribbons, and Bows, and Toes, OH MY!

Yes ladies and gentleman... My baby shower was this past weekend! I had so much FUN! I couldn't have asked for a better bunch of people to be there.


My Mom and sister Heather put the whole thing together, and my sister in law Kortney helped make the cake and gave me the fanciest diaper cake I've ever seen.




There were a couple of handsome guys that crashed the party... my absolutely handsome husband, and my adorable daddy.


Look at all that PINK! LOVE IT!!!


Ya know whats funny? Is I never wanted to be the typical "baby girl pink" mom... but it's like a bug catches you, won't let you go, and then all you can see is PINK! I'm pretty ok with it too ;)

The night before the shower, there was a cleaning brigade that entered our house... this consisted of my husband, me, and my bonus son. My bonus daughter was sick with a stomach virus (which we ended up in the hospital with), so she definitely was getting some much needed rest.

I woke up the next morning, and cleaned some more. Let me tell you... I don't know if I was "nesting" (probably not), or what. But I was cleaning EVERYTHING... And my body and back were making up for it. I'm pretty sure I overdid it... thus, I rested a little bit while others helped get the shower put together:


Ok, I did feel bad... but so did my back, legs, stomach, etc...

After it's all said and done, I got tons of cute baby clothes, diapers, bows, and some sweet sentimental things as well. My Yo-Mama (Billy's mom), made Kyli's going home outfit with a pair of booties and a sweet bonnet. That will be something that I will cherish and have Kyli pass down for her daughter.
I wish I would've gotten a better picture of it, but here is her outfit and booties:



This is my baby blanket that I came home from the hospital  in, that Kyli will come home in.. :)


My awesome niece Heather made these letters!!

I wish I had that talent!

We got so many amazing gifts, that I can't even remember everything. So THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone that came and helped make our day so special. This little girl is so lucky to have so many people love her and look after her already.

(p.s. after the shower, my husband took my bonus son to his football game. The kid played SO HARD, and their team beat another team that was 8-0 and had never lost a game in 3 yrs. However, bonus son got a CONCUSSION! So we ended up going to the ER for a 2nd time.... one kid one night, the next the other night. We were holding our breath that I didn't go into labor the next night. Three nights in the hospital would've been a little bit insane... and thank GOD, I didn't :) Lets try and stay out of the hospital for AT LEAST 6 more weeks... )

No comments:

Post a Comment