PURE LOVE

PURE LOVE
Holding my baby girl

Friday, September 24, 2010

A letter for you, My sweet little blessing....

I decided early on that I was going to start writing letters to the baby. I wanted to write letters about anything.... big moments, small moments, what I was feeling, etc.

I still haven't decided WHEN I will give these to our baby... maybe I will read them when the baby is born and I'm rocking them to sleep. Maybe I will save it for when my baby has a baby... or maybe the baby will read all of this in thin air one day, when we have flying cars and computers are as ancient as record players... :p

Here's letter #1


5/26/2010

Dear Baby,
Guess what? Mommy is 7 1/2 weeks along, and you're about the size of a raspberry now. Your little heartbeat is ticking at about 160 beats per minute, and this week, you're growing hands and feet out of your arms and legs. You've got a sweet little button nose, and an upper lip that I just can't wait to kiss! You've got sweet eyelids on those precious eyes, and I can't wait to stare into them as you stare into mine. I'm truly in love with you!

Mommy is feeling very bloated and fat these days. I start thinking today about what I've been eating, and in turn, what you've been eating. And I have not been a very good mommy to you. You deserve all the fruits and veggies, complex carbs, whole grains, dairy, and lean protein in the world... Not the 2433543 grams of sodium that I've been craving every day, because "it's the only thing that will settle my stomach".
You also deserve a mommy that will work out... Because when I work out, it helps you get stronger, and you will have an all over healthier mommy when I introduce you into this world. There's no reason I can't go for a walk, or a small jog, a few times a week AT LEAST.
I've always been the person that believes there is NO reason to gain an excessive amount of weight when you're pregnant (if it is physically possibly not to do so). I've talked to our doctor (he'll be the first one to hold you when you make your grand entrance), and we've talked about weight watchers, and how the plan has the exact guidelines I should be following when I'm carrying you around. Please realize, that I am not trying to lose any weight with you sweet baby, but I am now more aware than ever that what I eat, YOU eat. You do not need a 6 piece fried chicken platter w/ potato wedges and lots of ranch from Buffalo Wild Wings. Although it sounds delicious, (and it was yesterday), I just simply cannot allow this to be a common occurrence anymore. Sure, I will get cravings for bad foods, but I need to realize that these cravings do not come from YOU, they come from my brain.


The doctor said that I only need to eat an extra 300 calories a day for you. What I've been consuming is probably way more than that, and I'm truly sorry. I already feel like I'm getting larger, (by the way my pants are fitting today), and this tells me that since you are only the size of a raspberry, I am gaining weight too fast. I will keep an eye on this from now on, I promise you that.


I love you more than words can say, and I want you to be the healthiest newborn ever. I want to be the healthiest mommy ever FOR YOU, and for myself, because that is what we both deserve.

I can't wait to meet you,
Your Devoted Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment