PURE LOVE

PURE LOVE
Holding my baby girl

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Registering for a baby = EYE OPENING!


WHOA.

WHOA.

WHOA.

That's all I could think and feel when we finally decided to register at Babies R Us this past weekend. Is it normal to have a little bit of a nervous breakdown in the breast pump aisle? If so, then I'm a pretty normal gal.

We literally spent about 3 hours at the place, and we didn't register for some pretty essential things: a crib, glider, stroller/carseat.

No worries though, we already know what we're getting for all those things. We just plan on buying them ourselves, and didn't want to put that on the list.

I don't think anyone prepared me for how confusing and trying this registering thing would be. I mean, you're playing a guessing game the whole time... ESPECIALLY since this is my first baby. I have no idea what bottles she's gonna like, what diapers she's gonna be comfortable in, what pump to milk myself with.... I mean seriously. SO MANY DIFFERENT OPTIONS! I thought I sort of had it together, but walking in there totally changed my mind. I have no idea what I'm doing.

All I know is that there is a beautiful little girl growing in my stomach, and all I can hope and pray is that I am the best mother she could ever want or ask for. I hope and pray that I picked the right bottles, diapers, pump...etc. And I know, if I DIDN'T pick the right ones, then it's not the end of the world... she won't remember 18 yrs from now "mommy, I totally didn't want the Tommy Tipper bottle,... you should've known that I would want the Dr. Brown's one".

I'm overthinking this, aren't I?

That's normal, right??

We shall see. I've hit the 100 days to go mark... Can you believe that?? ONE HUNDRED DAYS. Where have these other 100+ days gone??? 14 short weeks.

WHOA.



No comments:

Post a Comment